HVAC units, create a comfortable indoor environment regardless of the outdoor temperature. However, as the system gets older, its efficiency reduces and it can’t perform well. So, you may need to replace it after 10-15 years.
Before purchasing new equipment, make sure you discuss your concerns with HVAC professionals. Here are some questions you should ask them when it comes to HVAC replacement:
• What size of the HVAC system will work for me?
• Which type of HVAC unit will be a good option for me?
• Does the new HVAC system come with a warranty?
• Can I claim tax benefits by installing the new HVAC unit?
• HVAC repairs or replacement: which option is the best bet?
• If I need to replace the outdoor unit, should the indoor unit be replaced as well?
• How long does it take for my new system to regulate the indoor temperature?
• Does the company provide free cost estimation for installation of HVAC systems?
• Do we need to sign a contract before we get cost estimates?
• Are labor costs and prices of additional HVAC parts included in the estimate document?
• How long does it take for the professional team to install a new HVAC unit?
• Does the new system require regular maintenance?
• Does the HVAC company offer maintenance services?
• Should I install a humidifier or dehumidifier for better performance?
• What about the lifetime maintenance and operating costs of the HVAC unit?
• Do I need to update the existing ductwork?
• How can I extend the lifespan of the HVAC unit and increase its efficiency?
• Should I go for multiple cooling and heating zones or install a central heating and cooling system?
• How efficient is the new HVAC unit?
• What type of filters should I get to improve the quality of indoor air?
• How often do I need to replace filters?
• Should I get a manual thermostat or a programmable one?
• At what temperature should I set my thermostat?
• Does the company offer any discounts or special offers?
When you invest in a new HVAC system, you expect it to give the best performance without increasing your electricity consumptions. And you can achieve your goals only if you ask the HVAC technicians relevant questions!